Sunday 11 September 2011

Very, Very Slow




... in fact so slow, you can’t detect any motion at all. An observation which might be applied to many things. A dead sheep for example ...
 


(This old lady hasn’t moved for two years, since I first saw her in a pine wood on Alonissos)
 
... or a dead Blog (this one hasn’t moved for 18 months, I’m afraid: ain’t been a lot to say, perhaps)
 
... or a book.
 
Ah, yes - a book. A book with a very slow title. Slow Furies, which I wrote originally four years ago, and have revised at intervals ever since - most recently inspired by the lovely online writing community called Youwriteon - finally found a publisher last October; and now a mere 11 months later, is about to burst upon the world. Which, by comparison with my blog (not to mention the dead sheep) is remarkably swift.
 
I am, of course, terribly excited. I have pre-production copies already, and they look, with Patrick’s really elegant cover design and a generally very professional job by Olympia Publishers, tremendous. Now I have to hope that they sell. Not that I’m bothered about the income (always nice, though!) - but like everyone else who ever wrote a book, I want it to be read. And appreciated.
 
Launch date is 23rd September - so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment