Wednesday 23 September 2009

Anybody out there?


The abiding question, of course - for everyone. But especially important to those who commit their thoughts to blogs. Or to books.
And today I have a good feeling. There is someone out there. Books first of all: at long last my publisher has updated its website, and I can discover that people have been buying my book. OK, only twelve of them so far (so far = the first month) but that’s twelve people now reading my book. Which is what publishing is all about. We are under way.
And the Blog? Well, my email this morning brings a really warm mail from a former pupil who has caught up with me via the website and wants to tell me so. Wonderful! Google’s clever algorithm bridges the decades, and I have a voice from the past at breakfast time.
All good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment